Monday, February 2, 2015

My Birth Giver

My mom is someone that I look upon as a true artist herself. She has been through the hard times growing up with three brothers. She has had her dolls thrown off the roof to be taunted by both younger and older brothers. Not only did she have to deal with all of this, but she learned from herself. She took action in her own life. This person taught her own self how to roller skate. Even when she would fall, she came right back up again. From the toy factory down the street, she got her own toys and her own dolls to play with. She rummaged through garbage just to find something to entertain herself. She found joy in other people's lost objects and rejects for non perfect things.With all this said, she went her own route. Some say that she was different from the rest. To me, she totally was.
She wasn't just a person that grew up down in the neighborhood. My mother was an artist. She was inspired from the day she first laid eyes on art. When she was younger, she tried out for a school art competition. With that, it was her natural work of art that won first prize. It was a ribbon and $25 dollars for her to spend any way she wanted to. That $25 made her get saved for many years to come. Soon she bought her own cassette player that she called her own. The one thing that was all hers. That cassette player lead her to create her own style in high school. Seeing the true values in her student body, she became friends with limited people her own age. The lower grades became the people she turned to with them worshiping the ground she walked on. It was something that she loved to help people out with advice and to have real conversations. It was times like these that inspired her to continue with her art career.
My birth giver wanted to go onto Italy to go to art school. It was her dream to go, but she was held back by her parents who wanted her to take a different route. She was talented and very blessed with an artistic hand, but it never went her way. Eventually, she found through jobs to fund her college courses to become a teacher. It was a good career for her to see how she went down that route and blossomed. Months turned to years and she had me. Even though she's a teacher, she still has a muse to pursue an art career through my eyes. Do I think that she is still an artist? Yes I do. Through the actions she completes every day makes her a different piece of artwork from society. I find it inspiring that I can learn from her artistic experiences to help me with my adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Change your body font. tho font is fine for a headline font, but as a main font to read it is awful. Figure out how to do it and then do it. I've told you this three times now. Change the font.

    ReplyDelete