Sunday, February 8, 2015

I Saw Them Today

I saw my friends some good old friends I hadn't seen in a while. For all these months, they had done what they needed to get done and I did what I needed to get done too. It was the time apart that we may have learned from our mistakes and made better decisions. It was in those past months that we may have fallen to pieces, but we somehow put our selves back together. Knowing how it would be farther down the road to come, we kept hoping for that day to reunite. I longed for that day to come as do my other friends that I haven't seen in a very long time. With all of the missed birthdays and moments together that were never shared, we tried to make up for that when we would see each other. All of the inside jokes and how we made each other laugh would all come back once we met up again. Even though I never saw them everyday like I used to, I did have them always in my memory. My memories filled me up with my friends on how they were so close to me, yet so far. It would have been easy to visit, but then again where would you find the time? The time flies by off the clock each day and no one has any idea where it disappears to. It comes and it goes. I always thought that when I would meet up with my friends once again, I would catch up on all the lost time that went away. I lost touch with them over the past couple of months, but I didn't want that to happen to me again. We needed to share the fun times that we experienced on our own road and such that we would then share it. We would share all of the stories over the past couple of months that actually went down. Because, when you see a picture of someone on Instagram, it can only do so much. You don't even know what they are thinking or what is even going on at that given point. It was time to finally reunite. So, we did.
It was way different then I imagined it. It felt spacey being the fact that it was a year since it was that same night. It surprised me how it all went by so fast. Seeing all those familiar faces, it reminds me of how in the next few months to come, they will be coming up to the soon enough. I'll be able to see them everyday eventually. So, in those moments that I finally saw my friends, the looks in our eyes explained it all. With attacks from behind and people running up to you by how much they missed you, it is the best feeling in the world. It is the best feeling in the world to know that during all that missed time, they still knew you. Nowadays, I'm gonna be more happier that I have people somewhere else at the moment missing me as much as I miss them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment