Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Library or DTC?

My friends and I would usually go to the library to study for tests or just do textbook work to get it over with. Today was unlike usual days. As some of you may not know, there is a club called DTC. It is the Dance Theater Company. I was going to try out for a spot in one of the dances, but I had to much on my hands to do with homework, clubs and the musical. The way DTC works is you would need to create a group. I didn't have one because from me running around from spot to spot I never had the time to. However, in this group you would arrange, you would need to over the course of a year create a dance routine. It doesn't seem like much until certain people find out what little time they have to choreograph their very own dance. Also, the fact that money comes to being involved. You would need to fund for the lighting at the end of the year show all of these dance numbers would be in. It seemed to me to be a lot of fun, but I didn't have the time or money to make it work. So, you would either have to bring in 20 dollars every audition that you went to for you dance. On the other hand, you could go into this complicated candy business that you would need to sell candy. To this day, it still confuses me on how the whole candy bag thing even works. Other than that, once they'd have enough money the show would go on. That is the way the whole thing would work. 

Now onto my friends, today after school they were choreographing their dance. They originally had three members. Due to grades, one of them had to drop because they were struggling. Somehow, my friends find time to do their work with the amount of time they are choreographing their two person dance. I have no idea how they make it work, but they just do. Earlier a couple of months ago, I wanted to join the group because I had nothing going on after school on certain days other than a few clubs. I wanted to be in their dance group so badly, but they just told me their were to many people. So, I tried to choreograph my own dance and I did. I'm still working on it today though. Anyways, so their original song got taken away from them making them ending up to change it. Either way, when I see these two dance, it seemed to me as thought they were telling a story. It looked as a form of art was creating itself with these two people, my friends. Other than that, with these two people dancing and them coming up with new moves, I learned more about them. It was not through language or faces that sent the message, but their movement as a whole. The way they moved spoke to me. It gave me that shiver down your spine when you see a magnificent painting that your absolutely in love with. Or the look of shock factor when you see someone's creation for the first time. My friends have told me that they aren't artists. In this way, I see them that they lied. They truly are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment